Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
Love Literacy believe that it is unacceptable for a child, young person or vulnerable adult to experience neglect or abuse of any kind.
Love Literacy statement and commitment is based upon the 1989 Children’s Act
- The welfare of the child is paramount.
- All children regardless of age, gender, disability, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity have the right to equal protection from all types of harm and abuse.
- Working in partnership with children, parents, carers
- and other agencies is essential in promoting children’s welfare.
Love Literacy will endeavor to safeguard children & young people by ensuring we:
- Value, listen to and respect them;
- Adhere to and/ or adopt child protection and safeguarding guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for all paid/unpaid staff;
- Share information about concerns with agencies who need to know;
- Share information relating to good practice with paid/unpaid staff, parents/carers and children appropriately.
Love Literacy will endeavor to safeguard adults by ensuring we:
- Adhere to the “No Secrets” guide, working alongside staff including Children and Adult Services as part of our contribution to protecting vulnerable adults who are at risk of getting abused.
- Work in line with Adult Protection Policies. (For example, Local
- Authority Multi-Agency Adult Protection Policy). http://www.scie.org.uk/publications/guides/guide03/law/adults.asp