The Director of Love Literacy, Zara Muirhead, has almost a decade’s worth of experience in education. She transitioned from an EAL support worker to a qualified teacher of English, Pastoral leader and SEN and Literacy Intervention worker within Secondary School. Her vast experience lead her to literacy tuition when she realised that the demands of mainstream education don’t always allow for the differentiation and personalised learning that some students require. Supporting students in small group settings has had positive results: students become more confident in their writing and comprehension, which enhances their experience at school.
The Love Literacy team is made up of a total of 22 experienced and trained Tutors and Learning Support Assistants.
Love Literacy classes are currently held at the following two sites:
|Chadwell Heath Community Centre
72-74 High Road,
|Chadwell Heath Baptist Church,
78 High Rd,
- 100% A* – C grades at GCSE level
- 100% A – C grades at AS level
- 100% pass rate for 7+ examinations
- 95% pass rate for 11+ examinations
- Students accepted at a range of Independent schools, including Brentwood School, Westcliff High School, Eton School and Bancroft’s School.
- https://youtu.be/SUAXP7e1BV4 an opportunity to give to other communities internationally